Purposeful and passionate. These are the people who join MIG|SvR.
MIG|SvR fosters a collaborative atmosphere where employees team to create solutions that improve the built environment. We are always looking for people who are fun, flexible, insightful, innovative and directed in their work. Currently, we are looking for the following team members:
Civil Engineering Leader — Seattle, WA
MIG|SvR is looking for a dynamic, inspiring senior-level engineer to augment our current leadership and help take our unique practice to new heights in the Pacific Northwest.
MIG is a distinctive firm due to its high level of talented, quality staff. Our employees form a company with exceptionally deep and broad skill sets in planning, design, communications, management, technology and science. Working collaboratively, often in dynamic cross-discipline teams, MIG people thrive on the practical implementation of our core values and ideals – resulting in creative and innovative problem solving that produces lasting change.
This position is special. It requires someone with authentic relationship-building capabilities and rainmaking savvy that can also build teams, mentor staff, and apply strong technical skills to execute on a range of projects.
Specifically, the ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Licensed civil engineer in the state of Washington (other states a plus)
- Experience in a variety of built public works projects
- Strength in best practices and cutting-edge design and implementation
- Active in public works organizations within the state of Washington
- Ability to travel for projects and build marketplaces in both Washington and Oregon
- Inquisitive and outgoing with strong business development skills
- A collaborative, team-oriented personality and approach
We expect that the ideal candidate will have a minimum of 15 years of experience with at least five years in the Pacific Northwest. As a working leadership role, we anticipate that this position will be 30% billable, with the balance devoted to building the practice through an array of business development and marketing efforts.
If you are interested in and qualified for this distinctive leadership opportunity, please email your resume, a detailed and descriptive cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Engineer in Training
MIG is a leading national planning, design, management, communications and technology firm with over 250 employees in 15 US offices. Our Seattle-Pioneer Square Office is seeking a full-time, motivated Civil Engineer in Training (EIT) to join our multi-disciplinary team.
This role works closely with a licensed civil engineer and team of designers on a wide variety of projects and responsibilities. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, has a high proficiency in CAD, thinks critically and creatively; works as part of a collaborative team in an open environment; and maintains a sense of humor and camaraderie. MIG|SvR team members share a common desire to engage closely with our clients and the communities impacted by our work. We value diversity and foster an inclusive workplace.
- Civil engineering design work for site design, low impact development, and complete streets projects.
- Assistance with preparation of plan documents.
- Project administration support including research and report compilation.
- Preparation of preliminary calculations and quantity take-offs.
- Construction administration support and drafting and design with Civil 3D.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required.
- NCEES designation of Engineer-in-Training (EIT) a plus.
- 0-3 years of work experience in civil engineering discipline.
- Ability to work within a team, as well as self-motivated with a desire to expand their career.
- Adaptable, able to think critically to solve new problems and perform a variety of tasks.
- Strong technical communication skills.
- Desired computer proficiency includes: AutoCAD/Civil 3D, Word and Excel.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. MIG provides a comprehensive benefit program and is an equal opportunity employer.
If you meet the requirements above and are passionate about engineering and design, please email PDF versions of a cover letter and resume to Mark Davies at email@example.com.
To see more of our work, please visit www.migcom.com.