Purposeful and passionate. These are the people who join MIG | SvR.
MIG | SvR fosters a collaborative atmosphere where employees team to create solutions that improve the built environment. We are always looking for people who are fun, flexible, insightful, innovative and directed in their work.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Project Manager - Urban Planning/Design
MIG|SvR is a leading national planning, design, management, communications and technology firm with over 200 employees in 13 US offices. We are seeking a motivated and creative mid-to senior-level Urban Planner/Designer to join our multi-disciplinary team in the Seattle office.
This position involves managing projects - scope, deliverables, schedule, consultants, billings – while working closely with teams of planners, designers and engineers to develop innovative designs, strategies, reports, analyses, mapping, and a broad range of graphic materials for both public and private sector clients. Typical projects may include downtown revitalization plans, comprehensive plans, street and corridor plans, station area plans and transit-oriented development, and neighborhood and districts plans.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to think critically and creatively; successfully manage projects and work products; work as part of a collaborative team in an open environment; and maintain a sense of humor and camaraderie. MIG|SvR team members share a common desire to engage closely with our clients and the communities impacted by our work. We value diversity and foster an inclusive workplace.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, planning or related field. Master’s degree in complementary field highly preferred.
- 5-10 years of work experience in the discipline required.
- At least 2 years of that experience effectively and profitably managing projects, clients and/or staff.
- Strong graphics and writing skills.
- Ability to speak in front of groups and facilitate small and large group discussions.
- Experience in developing marketing proposals and attending project interviews.
- Desired computer proficiency includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SketchUp, Illustrator, Photoshop, GIS and AutoCAD.
- InDesign skills are also a plus, as are bilingual capabilities.
Please email your resume, cover letter and samples of work to: Elana Darnell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. MIG provides a comprehensive benefits program and is an equal opportunity employer.
For additional job opportunities with MIG, please refer to: http://www.migcom.com/jobs
Want to see what it is like to work at MIG|SvR?
Our friends at Watts Media recently used our office in a fictional depiction of What's Next: The Near Future of Work. And yes, they did make us clean up our desks.